- Contract Type
- Application Deadline
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a non-profit foundation that works to protect the rights of children and adults in cocoa-growing areas in West Africa. To reinforce its team, ICI Ghana office is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Under the supervision of ICI Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the purpose of this position is to support effective monitoring, evaluation research and learning. S/he will work across all ICI country projects on M&E plans, data collection, data analysis and reporting and training of Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) project staff. This work requires close collaboration with the ICI Ghana programme and IT team, regular communication with the ICI secretariat in Geneva, and project-specific communication with the ICI team in Côte d’Ivoire.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct descriptive and advanced analysis of quantitative research data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
- Present results from data analysis on slides and in reports.
- Design and develop mobile data collection apps/tools and databases to support projects.
- Train project staff/other personnel on the use of data collection tools, interview techniques and needs assessment.
- Work with project managers to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for effective implementation of CLMRS projects.
- Conduct regular data cleaning to ensure accurate and reliable data.
- Assist in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects, ensuring alignment of project activities with established indicators and outcomes.
- Review monthly KPI reports shared by Information System Officer and respond to related monitoring and evaluation questions.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to ensure timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders.
- Identify lessons learned and best practices from monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the development of the ICI GIS platform, through importing geo-coded ICI data and geo-data from other sources and performing basic spatial analysis.
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Education and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Development Planning, Statistics or any other relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience of working on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) with good knowledge of project design, research and learning
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience in collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience of mobile data collection planning and implementation (e.g. using ODK, KoboCollect)
- Experience of data analysis, including in-depth statistical analysis using Excel, STATA, SPSS, etc.
- Experience in field data collection, including training and supervising data collectors.
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) would be an asset
- Knowledge of child protection and/or child labour, human rights and children’s rights issues
- Ability to establish good working relationships with partners and staff
- Ability to work under pressure, with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and a Ghanaian language preferably Twi.
- Knowledge of French would be an important plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams, including working remotely with colleagues in the field and other countries.
ICI Core Values
All ICI staff members are expected to adhere, respect and always promote at any time ICI Core Values: HUMANITY, INTEGRITY, NEUTRALITY, PARTNERSHIP, INNOVATION. Please refer to the ICI website for more details (https://www.cocoainitiative.org/about-us/our-organisation/our-values)
Equal opportunity and non-discrimination
ICI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities and non-discrimination for all employees and employment applicants and to providing employees with a fair work environment free of discrimination.
ICI and preferred recruitment partners will NEVER ask candidates for fees for any purpose during the recruitment process. No recruitment fee, no hiring fee, no security deposit, no software or equipment charges are charged to candidates applying to ICI.
Only candidates authorised to work in Ghana should apply.
Please send applications in English including a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
By submitting your application, you consent to us processing your data for the purpose of evaluating your application for this job position. We will keep your application data confidential and only use it for recruitment purposes. Once the job position is closed, your application will be deleted.
Please note that only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.