The Protective Community Index is a simple tool, developed by ICI, to rapidly assess access to services that help protect children in cocoa-growing communities.
It captures factors related to children’s fundamental rights, such as quality education and safe water, as well as other community characteristics that are associated with lower levels of child labour.
The tool consists of ten simple questions about service access and quality at community level. The information required can be gathered through a mixture of observation and through speaking with knowledgeable individuals, including community leaders and teachers.
The Protective Community Index can be used to:
- monitor service access and quality
- identify gaps in service provision and quality
- support intervention planning
- measure changes to the provision and quality of services over time
Read the Tool Overview: Protective Community Index
View the data collection tools:
- Questionnaire - Protective Community Index (in English)
- Questionnaire - Indice Protecteur Communautaire (en Français)