- Contract Type
- Application Deadline
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a non-profit foundation that works to protect the rights of children and adults in cocoa-growing areas in West Africa. To reinforce its team, ICI Ghana office is looking for a Finance Assistant.
Under the supervision of Finance Manager, the purpose of this position is to support the effective and efficient financial operations . in pursuit of the ICI objectives for the country Office in Ghana..
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Accounting/bookkeeping, and keeping all financial and accountancy documents up to date.
- Preparation of journal vouchers for payables and receivables for review by supervisor.
- Prepare reconciliation for all bank accounts and assist to resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensure follow-up and timely liquidation of all advances to staff for missions and other activities.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of all original accounting and bank documents.
- Ensure prompt deposit to bank of cheques to vendors and cash arising from liquidation of advances.
- Maintain register of withholding taxes and follow-up for tax credit certificates.
- Develop and maintain relationship with vendors and suppliers.
- Manage fixed assets tracking system.
Mission support and other duties
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Finance Manager or requested by the ICI Director, Finance & Support Services
Experience and skills
Education and work experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Minimum 2 years of similar experience in an NGO or non-profit setting (accounting and financial reporting).
- Knowledge of accounting software, Sun Systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of information management tools and basic IT skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources
Fluency in written and spoken English (and French desirable)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- A good team player, and ability to contribute to a cooperative work environment.
- Adaptive to new innovations and must have a strong desire to learn. Detailed oriented, at ease with numbers
- Autonomous, independent
- Rigorous, organised, ability to meet deadlines
- Honest and trustworthy, and demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
ICI Core Values
All ICI staff members are expected to adhere, respect and always promote at any time ICI Core Values: HUMANITY, INTEGRITY, NEUTRALITY, PARTNERSHIP, INNOVATION. Please refer to the ICI website for more details (https://www.cocoainitiative.org/about-us/our-organisation/our-values)
Only candidates authorized to work in Accra should apply.
Please send applications in English including a cover letter and your CV to .email@example.com.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document.
By submitting your application, you consent to us processing your data for the purpose of evaluating your application for this job position. We will keep your application data confidential and only use it for recruitment purposes. Once the job position is closed, your application will be deleted.
Please note that only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.