- Type de contrat
- Date limite de candidature
International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a multi-stakeholder organisation, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector. As part of the ICI’s objectives to eliminate the worst forms of child labour and forced labour in the cocoa sector and its overall programme to promote children’s rights and child protection in the cocoa supply chain, ICI seeks a Finance Manager to join its Accra team in the implementation of its Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) in pursuit of the ICI objectives for the country Office in Ghana.
- Job Title : Finance Manager
- Department : Finance
- Immediate supervisor : Country Director
- Technical supervisor : Director Finance & Support Services, Geneva
- Position Location : Accra, Ghana
The incumbent of the position ensures the effective and efficient financial operations of ICI’s office in Ghana. The Finance Manager is in charge of the accountancy and financial management of ICI operations, preparing and monitoring of the office budget, and providing support for project budgets and reporting. The main duties will include accounting/bookkeeping, reviewing all orders and payments to be in line with ICI financial and procurement guidelines and budget, preparation of and follow-up on budgets, financial reporting and liaising with the general secretariat in Geneva and external partners (NGO partner organizations, auditors, tax administration, etc.); and keeping all financial and accountancy documents up to date. The incumbent will have shared supervision over one other staff.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for bookkeeping, including preparation and entry of journals for payables, receivables, and petty cash
- Ensure accountancies of office and project transaction are on time and accurate, check all required documents (order forms, invoices, inventories) are present and conform with ICI policies and procedures, and make sure the cash inventories match with the petty cash book.
- Prepare cheque payments, transfer requests and bank reconciliations for all bank accounts in capital, check all bank reconciliations from the field • Check that expenditures are done according to the budget and approved by the appropriate authority.
- Ensure proper follow-up and timely liquidation of all advances to staff for missions and other activities, and implement measures to reduce the use of cash for such advances
- Produce ledgers and accurate balances and make sure ICI Ghana accounting is in conformity with national requirements as well as ICI’s requirements and policies
- Handle local responsibilities for the periodic financial close (preparation of cost allocations, accruals, account analysis, intercompany reconciliation) etc.
- Coordinate with auditors for the annual statutory and group audit • Issue all accounting, tax and social security declarations to the competent authorities, on-time and in compliance with local regulations and organization policies
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of all original monthly accounting and bank documents
- Propose and implement improvements in the accountancy and finance processes
- Prepare and process payment of salaries and related allowances for ICI Ghana staff Financial management
Budget and project finance:
- Prepare the annual office budget and periodic forecasts for ICI Ghana in coordination with local management
- Support the preparation of project budgets as needed • Regularly monitor actual spending versus budget for the office budget
- Prepare periodic financial reports for projects, and monitor actual spending in coordination with local project managers
- Handle cash management, in particular preparing requests for advances from ICI secretariat as needed to ensure adequate cash is available locally for office and project activities
Financial policies and procedures:
- Assess risks in the organization's activities and propose risk management measures as necessary
- Maintain awareness of changes to national financial policies and laws, and ensure proper application of such changes
- Support the development of ICI Ghana-specific financial policies, in line with ICI organization policies, under the supervision of the Country Director and in coordination with the ICI Director Finance & Support Services
- Ensure availability and knowledge of ICI Finance procedures and policies among ICI Ghana staff, and ensure the application of and strict compliance with the policies and procedures throughout ICI's activities
Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Ghana Country Director or requested by the ICI Director, Finance & Support Services.
Specifications (Minimum requirements)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) highly preferable
- Minimum 7 years in relevant position experience (accounting, budget and financial reporting), with demonstrated skills in effective compliance to procedures and control of expenses
- Knowledge of accounting software, Sun Systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of information management tools and basic IT skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Clear, concise written and verbal communications skills in English
- Similar experience in an NGO or non-profit setting
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
- Detailed oriented, at ease with numbers
- Autonomous, independent
- Rigorous, organized, ability to meet deadlines
- Strong team working approach and communication skills
- Honest and trustworthy, and demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
KEY RELATIONS: Internal relations: • ICI Ghana employees • ICI Secretariat Finance team External relations • Auditors APPLICATION PROCESS Please send your CV And a Cover Letter. Please put “FINANCE MANAGER” in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by close of day of 6 th June 2022 Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To download the job description in pdf format, please click here.