- Type de contrat
- Date limite de candidature
About the position
We are looking for a Communications Officer – Digital Content Manager to join our Communications team, based in our international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Communications Officer – Digital Content Manager will work to strengthen ICI’s digital presence, managing the organization’s website and social media channels, and supporting ICI to tell its story in a compelling and inspirational way.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Continuously improve and adapt ICI’s social media strategy
- Oversee the creation, curation, and promotion of social media content, working closely with the communication teams in West Africa
- Manage the website and act as the main focal point between the communication team and the website provider/developers
- Explore new ways to further enhance ICI’s digital presence, basing decisions on data and using clear indicators of success
- Create compelling digital content (articles, social media content, infographics etc.) that communicates our impact tackling child labour and forced labour in the cocoa sector, and supports the sharing of knowledge and best practice across the sector
- Edit, publish, and promote videos on ICI’s digital channels and work with external agencies to create engaging video content
- Answer public requests for information
- Support the implementation of the organization’s visual brand guidelines and the overall respect of the visual identity
- Support the organization’s media engagement including responding to media requests and drafting key messages
- Provide support related to the organization’s participation in conferences, industry events, webinars etc. helping with key messages, materials, and logistics
- Provide support with crisis communications and managing reputational risk
Reporting to the Communications Director, you will work closely with the communications staff based in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana, in addition to staff in other departments across all locations.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Five or more years of experience in non-profit communications, corporate communications or journalism
- University degree or equivalent in communications or another relevant field
- Experience in non-profit outreach and advocacy
- English mother tongue and excellent written and spoken French
- Ability to turn technical information into compelling stories
- Strong content strategy and content development skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and understand and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong graphic design skills, video editing a plus
- Strong IT skills including web content management systems
- A commitment to continuous learning with good knowledge of new developments in the communications field and a willingness to learn from others and constantly improve
- Curiosity and passion for communications and improving the life of children and their families in cocoa-growing communities
How to apply
Child Safeguarding Policy
ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial). ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality and culture. ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above terms and uphold the principles described herein.
Only candidates with the possibility of acquiring a work permit for Switzerland should apply. Please send applications in English (including a cover letter and your CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2022.
Only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.