- Type de contrat
- Date limite de candidature
About the position
We are looking for a Communications Officer to join our Communications team, based in ICI’s Ghana office in Accra. The Communications Officer will develop content for the organization’s website and social media channels, will maintain and develop strong relationships with national media, will engage with a wide network of national partners and stakeholders, in order to support ICI tell its story in a compelling and inspirational way and drive the achievement of the organization’s objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Developing content for the ICI website and social media channels.
- Working with ICI’s project teams to identify interesting projects, stories and events, organizing field visits to meet and interview members of cocoa-growing communities and producing articles, videos and social media content that bring our work in Ghana’s cocoa-growing communities to a wider audience, and
- Producing articles, videos and social media content that communicate our research and activities to key stakeholders.
- Strengthen relations with national media. This includes:
- Building and strengthening a network of trusted media contacts,
- Proactively targeting trusted contacts with relevant ICI news,
- Coordinating responses to media requests,
- Providing support to Ghana based staff on dealing with media, and
- Organizing trips for target media.
- Supporting the Country Director with participation in events including speech writing and presentation development
- Support the implementation of the organization’s visual brand guidelines and the overall respect of the visual identity
- Building partnerships with key national stakeholders including relevant government departments through the organization of events, communication campaigns and meetings.
Reporting to the Country Director (based in Accra, Ghana) and the Communications Director (based in Geneva, Switzerland), you will work closely with the communications staff based in Côte d’Ivoire and Switzerland, in addition to staff in other departments across all locations.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Three to five years of experience in non-profit communications, corporate communications or journalism
- University degree or equivalent in communications or another relevant field
- Experience in non-profit outreach and advocacy
- Ability to turn technical information into compelling stories, with outstanding writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong content strategy and content development skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong IT skills including video/photo editing software, graphic design software and web content management systems
- A commitment to continuous learning with good knowledge of new developments in the communications field and a willingness to learn from others and constantly improve
- Curiosity and passion for communications and improving the life of children and their families in cocoa-growing communities
- Knowledge of French would be beneficial
How to apply
Please send applications in English (including a cover letter and your CV) to email@example.com by January 31st.
Only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.