- Ressources humaines
- Type de contrat
- Date limite de candidature
Established in 2002, the International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a leading organisation promoting child protection in cocoa-growing communities. ICI works with the cocoa industry, civil society, farmers’ organisations, communities and national governments in cocoa-producing countries to ensure a better future for children and contribute to the elimination of child labour. Operating in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana since 2007, ICI has promoted holistic child protection measures in more than 600 cocoa-growing communities benefiting over 1 million people, 682,500 of whom are children.
ICI is a Swiss foundation. ICI Secretariat is based in Geneva, Switzerland, with national offices in Ghana and in Ivory Coast. ICI has presently around 150 staff members within the 3 entities, with a larger scope in Ivory Coast.
Early 2021, ICI introduced a 360-feedback exercise trial for the managers team only.For ICI, it is a critical supplement to goal-based performance assessment for leader-managers, with the intention to be duplicated at middle-management level in the future. However, before duplication, ICI needs to ensure that management team members have a common understanding of the 360-feedback approach and they are trained and coached on how to interpret, how to use the results and how to create a personal development plan.
In that context, ICI is looking for an experienced trainer / coach with a solid experience of 360 multi-rater feedback in the context of leadership development, ideally in the non-for-profit sector, to reinforce ICI management and middle-management team members skills in:
- Understanding the purpose of a 360-feedback exercise and how writing a constructive 360° feedback:
- Considering the broader purpose of 360-degree feedback which is to raise self-awareness and open-up an individual to change and develop, it follows that the debrief is the catalyst for this process: discover and understand proven uses of 360 feedback for development, appraisal, succession plan, employee engagement and team effectiveness
- how to get out of your comfort zone and to give constructive feedback? How to be fact-based feedback? Why feedback is important? What is your role in the 360 processes?
- Understand and outcome of a 360-feedback report
- The 360-feedback report:
Its purpose, objectives and making sense of the numbers: What do they mean? How do you interpret the data? How do you identify the key feedback themes and draw appropriate / balanced conclusions?
- Debriefing efficiently a 360 session:
how to be prepared and to run the meeting as a debriefer and what to cover in a concrete and concise manner? How to support people deal with negative / critical feedback, to help the recipient understand what the feedback is really saying to them and to accept that there is information they need to pay attention to?
- Challenging conversations:
how to handle difficult conversation? How to convey and enable two-way dialogue with empathy and understanding
- Creating a constructive action plan:
how to convert 360 feedback data into positive development actions? And how to follow up on the plan?
MAIN OBJECTIVES and DELIVERABLES OF THE CONUSLTANCY
In agreement with the HR Director, the trainer is expected to provide:
- Innovative, interactive practical exercises with feedback and coaching on the relevant skills and processes, discussion exercises and application of reinforcement tools.
- Hybrid training methodology (remote and in person participants depending on the epidemic/security situation)
- Practical and hands-on exercises for participants to assimilate the concepts (learning by doing)
- Develop ICI management skills on the 360-feedback exercise
- Reinforce coaching skills of ICI management team members
- To develop comprehensive training/coaching modules on 360-feedback, with a total of two-day training/coaching curriculum to be agreed with the HR Director as followed:
a) Purpose of a 360-feedback exercise and writing 360° feedback: to deliver 2 training sessions (one in French and the other one in English) of 4h each for all participants for managers and middle-managers involved in the 360-feedback exercise (staff assessed and assessors – 30 pers.)
b) Understand and outcome of a 360-feedback report: to deliver 1.5 day of workshop/coaching for ICI management team members. The Consultant is also expected to develop a package of training materials for participants
- Provide all training materials for future internal duplication
- To submit final reports after the workshop completion, including post-training evaluation and impact assessment
The deliverables will be the property of ICI.
- 2 training sessions of 4h each and 1.5 day workshop for ICI management team members by the 15th of June 2022
- Final report and training materials to be submitted by the 30th of June 2022.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English and in French
- Solid experience of 360 multi-rater feedback in the context of leadership development, ideally in the non-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting need assessments and developing training modules/curriculum, training materials etc.
- Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations and training.
- Relevant international experience, especially with West Africa, will be an added advantage.
Applications are to be submitted via email: email@example.com the 31st of January 2022.
In response to the RFP, we request the following:
- A detailed description of previous and relevant work experience
- A proposed budget, including consultant’s fees, any costs related to hosting consultations and any other anticipated costs.
- A description of the members of proponent team or group, including roles.
- Reference names and contact information from previous clients.
Incomplete responses will not be considered.