- Contract Type
- Application Deadline
About the position
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a Swiss non-profit foundation that works to ensure a better future for children in cocoa-growing communities. It is a multi-stakeholder initiative that unites the forces of the cocoa and chocolate industry, civil society, farming communities, governments, international organizations and donors to promote human rights, and to tackle child labour in the cocoa supply chain.
ICI is hiring for a Finance Projects Manager to join its Secretariat based in Geneva, Switzerland, for an initial period of one year. Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Support Services, the Finance Projects Manager will be responsible for several initiatives to improve ICI's budget and reporting processes. S/he will also support the organization during the maternity leave of the Finance Officer responsible for budgets, reporting, and project finance, by ensuring seamless communication and coordination with her internal replacement based in Cote d'Ivoire.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Budget and reporting tools
- Develop new tools to support the development of annual organization budgets and forecasts, that are consistent for all three offices (Geneva, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana), and that facilitate the analysis of information
- Support the finance teams, and functional heads as necessary, in the implementation and adoption of those tools
- Prepare 2022 mid-year forecasts and 2023 budget for the organization, based on information from field offices and functional heads, including preparation of written report and presentation for ICI's Treasurer and Board
- Implement a regular (at least quarterly) standardized review of budgets vs actuals, with analysis and commentary from CDI and Ghana finance heads for their offices, and functional heads as relevant
- Implement automated tracking of budgets in the SUN financial system (including automated uploads of budgets and adaptation of reports)
- Revise SUN financial reports to align with ICI's revised financial reporting structure, consistent with ICI's 2021-2025 strategy
Training and development
- Support the transition from the current Finance Officer (responsible for budget, reporting, and project finance) to her internal replacement while on maternity leave, in particular by coaching the replacement on all aspects of budget, reporting and project finance and ensuring a consistent communication and information-sharing
- Develop the capacities of local finance teams in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana to proactively manage project financial reporting, and for CDI to take over calculation of direct support cost allocations and timesheet calculations
- Develop and deliver training on budget management for programme staff, in particular Cote d'Ivoire staff with regards to project budgets, including review of current process, needs assessment, and revision of processes as necessary
- Review all new project contracts to identify and implement internal processes to ensure compliance with donor requirements, e.g. donor-specific procurement rules or other donor-specific requirements, cost allocations and timesheets, project invoicing and reporting timing, etc.
- Review and improve the process for cash advance requests from Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana, and adapt the process as necessary to simplify and/or reduce intercompany transfers
- Revise ICI policies and procedures, in particular relating to budgets and project finance, and/or establish related policies as necessary.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Director, Finance & Support Services
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent qualification in finance
- Minimum 7-9 years of similar financial experience, within a non-profit environment, including budget & reporting, and project finance
- Experience working with field offices or remote teams preferred
Skills and competencies
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, in particular Excel
- Knowledge of SUN financial system would be an advantage
- Conscientious, precise, detail oriented; strong analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, including in multi-cultural settings
- Fluent in English and French
- Ability to travel to country offices periodically (subject to COVID-related restrictions)
Only candidates with the possibility of acquiring a work permit for Switzerland should apply.
Please send applications in English (including a cover letter and your updated CV) to email@example.com
Only those candidates who match the above requirements and who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 10 January 2022